Share this

Oct 21, 2008

1,500 dogs poisoned

Not good:

Some 1,500 dogs bred for their raccoon-like fur have died after eating feed tainted with the same chemical that contaminated dairy products and sickened tens of thousands of babies nationwide, a veterinarian said Monday.

The raccoon dogs _ a breed native to east Asia whose fur is used to make trim on coats and other clothing _ were fed a product that contained the chemical melamine and developed kidney stones, said Zhang Wenkui, a veterinary professor at Shenyang Agriculture University. All of the dogs died on farms in just one village.

No comments: