Share this

Apr 12, 2009

That's it, Taiwan is a part of China

Sometimes when I see articles like this, in which a couple of KMT legislators complain about a Xinhua article in which French President Nicolas Sarkozy is quoted saying Taiwan and Tibet are a part of China at the G20 conference, I just want to bang my head against the wall repeatedly.

This is exactly the position of the Ma government, and the feigned self-righteous anger of such hacks as name changer John H. Chiang (蔣孝嚴) is infuriating.

I almost feel like declaring, as I did in the headline, "fine, Taiwan's a part of China. Taiwan is a province of China. Screw reality, let's just declare it. Taiwan belongs to China. Suck on that, suckers. Who needs elections? The KMT is just an illegal pretender to the throne anyway. Annexation, here we come!" I'd like to see how people would react to that.

In the mean time, the foreign ministry will "investigate" the situation and "react appropriately."

A stiff middle finger would have been my old reaction, but now that I've given in to the whole One China myth, I guess staying absolutely silent would be the right thing to do. I would like to encourage foreign leaders to make such statements, reaffirming my own policy, but if I did that, the voters might catch on and put the brakes on the unification train. So better just stick with silence.

I think I need a drink.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

keep up the fight, mango.